Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Making My Way Back to the Mediterranean

This summer I was back in Europe with the Sapphire Princess to explore the Mediterranean again. Although I have been to almost every port on this itinerary (except for Rome and Livorno) last summer I was able to experience something different this time around.

Barcelona, Spain
The beach with free WiFi
Park Guell

Civitavecchia, Italy
A couple coworkers and I took the train from the port in Civitavecchia into Rome. As it was my first time in Rome I wanted to see as many of the tourist spots as I could. In particular the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps were on my radar and I was able to see all that and more on my own. Success!
Colosseum
Trevi Fountain. Yes, I did throw a coin over my shoulder into the fountain.
Spanish Steps. Conveniently the metro is located a couple steps from here so we were able to make our way back into Civitavecchia after our last sightseeing stop here.


Livorno, Italy


Genoa, Italy



Gibraltar
Last summer I wanted to see the barbary apes that resided at the top of the Rock but I didn't get a chance to. This summer we took the cable car up to the top of the Rock to see the apes. We ended up being super afraid of the apes' aggressive behaviour but it was an adrenaline pumped adventure nonetheless.